Monday, June 28, 2010

Ben's Story

"I really regret what I did and wish I could turn back time and make it all go away, but I can't. I know that the people that I was hanging with were into drugs. I got into drugs too. It became a habit and to support the habit I stole from my parents. My mom called the police and I was arrested. At Ettie Lee, I got sober and now I am enrolled in school because one day I want to go to college. My mom and I want to thank you for working with me so that I could get on track and find my purpose."

Staff Notes: Ben is an active participant in a day program in Pasadena. On more than one occasion he has been invited to be a guest speaker to the youth who are struggling with drug habits. In fact, he shared that he has been on TV (on a local Pasadena channel) and that he will be in the local newspaper this month.

No comments: