Friday, July 16, 2010

Dominick, In His Own Words...

"I really love to play football and basketball and when I am angry I take out all my anger on the field. But I don't get that angry that often any more. Before I would yell, curse and physically hit things like punching a hole in a wall. Now, thanks to Ettie Lee's and the DBT skills that they have taught me, I am much calmer, have channeled my anger. The staff at Ettie Lee have seen my hard work and have now promoted me to lunch line helper at school."

Staff notes: Dominick came to Ettie Lee on July 2009. Some of his issues included: Poor anger management, easily agitated, vandalism, argumentative, problems with authority figures, threaten others, difficulty functioning in school, and poor peer relations. His birth mother has a 20 year drug history and his father is in prison. Since he has been at Ettie Lee he has specifically asked for help with his anger and school work and with staff's help he is learning how to curb his outburts and at school he has improved both in performance and behavior

No comments: