Friday, July 30, 2010

Jessie's Story... In His Own Words

"I was 12 when I first went to a camp. A couple of years later I went to a home, but I ran away because a kid kept trying to fight with me. The first time I came to Ettie Lee, I went to the Santa Ana Home. I was 16 years old. I don't remember why I ran away from there though. Late last year I came back to Ettie Lee (Diamond L and then the Robertson Home). I went back home with my mom in April because I finally figured out that if I remained sober, went to school, followed the rules and didn't get into any fights then I could lead a good life."

Staff Notes - Upon advice of the treatment team and his probation officer, the Juvenile Court released him to his mother's custody. A great solution for a young man who turned his life around after being in the system for five years of his life, accumulating a case file which is about a foot thick

No comments: